*Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
**Big Game Contest rules here
- No purchase necessary.
- Void where prohibited by international, federal, state, or local law.
- Participants may not use sophisticated telephone or computer equipment to win the contest. Winners who are found to have used such equipment will be disqualified.
- One winner per household: Per 30 days.
- Clarke Broadcasting Corp. reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of Clarke Broadcasting Corp. management are final.
- Employees, agencies, representatives, affiliates, and immediate families of Clarke Broadcasting Corp., and any official contest/promotion participant are not eligible.
- Contests are open only to California residents.
- Winners must present a photo id (driver’s license, passport, etc) before prize will be distributed.
- Prizes MUST be claimed at 342 S. Washington St, Sonora, Ca. Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm (excluding holidays). Winners have thirty (30) days to claim prize. PRIZES CAN NOT BE MAILED.
- Prizes not claimed in 30 thirty days will be forfeited by winner.
- By qualifying and/or winning , entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Clarke Broadcasting Corp, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
- Clarke Broadcasting Corp. is not responsible in the event of any technical difficulties with any equipment, including telephone equipment during any and all contests.
- Contest rules may vary with individual contests.
- Must be 18 to be eligible to qualify or win.
- Clarke Broadcasting not responsible for tickets that have expired prior to winners use.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. All winners will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent if they win $600 or more. Failure to provide an accurate and complete Social Security Number, if required, is a violation of federal law and will result in forfeiture of prize.
By participating in the Contest, all the contestants (including specifically but without limitation all prize winners) agrees to have the his or her name, voice, hometown and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Contest and/or to promote the Contest or the Station in general without additional financial or other compensation or notice to, or consent from, a contestant. Where legal, each prize winner may be required to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of a prize.
Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station’s Web Site or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, solely at the discretion of the Station.
The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
By participating in the Contest, all participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to participant’s participation in the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, each participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State and Federal courts located in the County of Tuolumne, State of California; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State California. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may be. Each participant hereby irrevocably consents to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have.
Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the main studio of KKBN-FM 342 S. Washington St. Sonora CA 95370 or online at kkbn.com. A winners list may be obtained by sending a written request to the Station within thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.