National Babbling Day — Even if no one else is in the room, go ahead and yak away. You’re not crazy — a recent study shows that talking to yourself is great for your mental health. Swedish psychotherapist Per Naroskin says babbling to no one forces you to listen to yourself. As a result, you’ll develop talents you never knew existed, sleep better and work more efficiently. The solo chat is even more effective, says the author of “The Benefits Of Talking Loudly To Oneself,” if the tongue-wagger uses kooky accents and funny voices. Too shy to vocalize alone? Speak to your pet, a plant, your car or, like Tom Hanks in “Castaway,” to a volleyball.
Good Morning Mother Lode!
It’s Tuesday and time for the Big Joe & Bridgette Top 10 List! We’ll find out what the Top 10 costumes our kids will be wearing this Halloween in the Mother Lode! Here’s the list!
1. Lady Bug
4. Banana Suit
5. Carmen Miranda
7. Skeleton Bride
8. Snow White
9. Soccer Zombie
10. Fancy Pirate
Our Website only contest is still cooking! When we say the mystery word of the day, simply be the 3rd caller at 532-9350 to win! Today’s Mystery Word is ” SPOOKY”!
Also, be sure to nominate someone for the KKBN Goodie Award while you’re visiting us this morning! Just go to our contact page and send us a letter telling about that good deed that affected your life. Please include a phone number and remember, one good deed deserves another!
Have the best Tuesday ever!
Good Morning Mother Lode!
It’s Monday, which means it’s time to announce our first winner of “The Worst Monday Morning Picture Contest”!
Her name is Lynn Tadrowski from the great state of Georgia! Thanks Lynn for being brave enough to send in your Monday Morning Picture! You’ll be receiving a fantastic prize from KKBN!
Wow, what a scary Monday morning picture, but exactly what we’re looking for! It is Halloween month you know! Now, who’s next? Who will be brave enough to snap that Monday morning pic right when you wake up and send to Big Joe & Bridgette’s Worst Monday Morning Picture Contest?
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to:
Big Joe and Bridgette’s Worst Monday Morning Picture Contest! We’ll feature the worst of the worst every Monday Morning and the winner win’s a great prize!
The Mystery Word for the day is ” SPANK” ! Be the 3rd caller when you hear the word during the 7am hour and win! Have the best Monday ever!
THIS MONTH IS
October is Adopt A Pet Month and Family Circle rounded up the most kid friendly breeds and stored them by size and temperament. Here’s what dog breeds they suggest:
- Pug, Lhasa Apso, Cavalier King Charles spaniel – under 20 pounds, laid back and social. Patient and forgiving, playing, loving nature and they’re easy to train. Ideal combination for families with young kids.
- English Bulldog, Beagle, Basset Hound – 21-50 pounds, laid back and social. Affectionate, lovable, even tempered and charming. Perfect companions for children because of their gentle, non aggressive demeanor.
- Saint Bernard, Old English Sheepdog, Great Dane, Mastiff – over 50 pounds, laid back and social. Gentle giants are receptive to children and other animals and will thrive in their family role. They are efficient watchdogs but still have a mild temperament.
- Boston Terrier, Scottish Terrier, Chihuahua, Jack Russell Terrier – under 20 pounds, energetic and independent. Suitable for active families and surprisingly loyal watchdogs. Easy to clean and brush, a perk for busy people who prefer a low maintenance grooming regimen.
- American Eskimo, Keeshound, Miniature Poodle – 21-50 pounds, energetic and independent. Bred for companionship, these dogs thrive on human contact. Easily trained and intelligent, as well as strong willed. Great for outdoorsy families who have the time to develop a strong dog-human relationship.
- Collie, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky – over 50 pounds, energetic and independent. Long-haired and suitable for attentive owners who are willing to devote extra care to grooming. Good natured, intelligent loyal dogs who are active and agile, ideal for families with older children. Visit the Humane Society of Tuolumne County to adopt your new best friend today!
Who would do such a thing? This is what I walked into this morning in the studio! Someone really helped our Bra Drive! Actually it was our friends at the WATCH Program! Thanks so much!
Save The Tatas!
Today’s Mystery Word is “Ransacked”. Be caller 3 at 532-9350 when you hear the word and be a big time KKBN winner!