Good Morning Mother Lode!
TIME TO ANNOUNCE THIS WEEK’S GOODIE AWARD! HIS NAME IS JOHN CHILDE! HE WAS NOMINATED FOR HIS GOOD DEEDS. (read the nomination letter below) JOHN WINS A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM JS WEST ACE HARDWARE, PLUS WE’LL SALUTE JOHN ALL WEEK ON THE CABIN!
I would like to nominate John Childe of Copperopolis, Ca. This man is a retired fireman/paramedic. Last Friday an elderly man (80 years old) lost control of is motorcycle in front of our house, I believe a stray dog was in the road and he tried to miss it. Apparently he flew over the front of the bike. When my husband and I got to the scene of the accident my husband was calling 911, John Childe was on his was to the store when he came upon the accident. The accident victim had stood up and was taking off his helmet, John told the man to leave his helmet on and to please sit down. The man sat down but he took off his helmet off, John acted fast by holding his hands around the victims neck until paramedics arrived.
Later we found out the victim had broke his neck, and if John had not held his neck until the paramedics arrived the elderly man could have died or been paralyzed. He had the same injury to his neck as Chris Reeves had.
I’m so glad John was there to help, had John not been there I’m sure the elderly gentleman’s out come would NOT have been as good as it has turned out to be.
Nominate someone today for their good deed by clicking here. Send your email to Big Joe at Today’s Country 93.5 KKBN
Today’s Mystery Word is “Werewolf“! Be the 3rd caller at 532-9350 when you hear me or Bridgette say the word in the 7′oclock hour and WIN! This is a website only contest!
Join us this morning for more Halloween Fun, The Impossible Question, and our Friends from The Sonora Police Dept will be dropping by for Law Enforcement Wednesday! It’s gonna be a great day!
EASY WAYS TO RID YOUR HOME OF ODORS
Winter’s just around the corner. While closed windows and doors are a no-brainer when it comes to keeping in the heat, they can also trap unpleasant household smells. So, here’s a quick lesson in odor removal (MSN):
• Let’s start with a little instant dry cleaning for old clothes: Put a small amount of vodka in a spray bottle and lightly mist the garment. The alcohol kills bacteria without leaving a scent. Costumers use this trick to get the smell of mothballs, sweat, and mildew out of the vintage clothing in their wardrobes.
• Whenever you eat an orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit, run the peels through the garbage disposal. You’ll take care of sink stink without the risk harmful fumes.
• Odor buster #3: Vanilla extract. If you wipe your freezer with a cloth dampened with vanilla, you’ll get rid of all the smells that linger on ice. To disinfect the freezer, use a solution of white vinegar and water. It gets the icebox clean without leaving a “chemical” smell.
• To deodorize food storage containers, soak plastic ones in warm water and baking soda. For glass jars and dishes, use a mixture of one teaspoon powdered mustard to one quart of warm water.
• You can get rid of the musty odor in your basement by using an onion. Just slice it in half, put it on a plate and leave it overnight. The next morning there might be a slight onion smell, but that soon goes away – and takes the musty basement smell with it.
Happy Halloween from Big Joe, Bridgette, Mark Corona, Justin & Mary Ann!