Okay, here’s the deal. Bridgette LOVES this song and she tells me that this is what women want! So ladies, enjoy Billy Currington!
Good Morning Mother Lode!
TIME TO ANNOUNCE THIS WEEK’S GOODIE AWARD! HER NAME IS KERI QUEIROLO aka KERI Q. KERI WAS NOMINATED FOR HER GOOD DEEDS BY NATALIE SERRANO. (read the nomination letter below) KERI WINS A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM JS WEST ACE HARDWARE, PLUS WE’LL SALUTE KERI ALL WEEK ON THE CABIN!
Nominate someone today for their good deed by clicking here. Send your email to Big Joe at Today’s Country 93.5 KKBN
Hi my name is Natalie Serrano and I would like to nominate Keri Queirolo also known as Keri Q., Keri is my best friend, I met Keri aprox 3 years ago and from day one I noticed how caring she is for other people. Keri works for headstart in Copperopolis she is great with children. Keri has been there for friends many times when they need someone to watch there children. Keri won’t take money for watching the children no matter how much she needs the money she still won’t take it. I know many of her friends as well as I have tried to pay her and she won’t take the money. I have hid money in her car or in her house, I will tell her children Tyler and Emma not to tell her until I leave…But when she finds out I have left money for her she sneaks it back to me. When ever I go to and Keri is there she always helps me put up the shade and carry lake gear to and from my car. Keri is well liked here in Copperopolis; we are honored to have Keri in our lives. Thank You the Serrano Bunch
Also on Wednesday mornings show, Law & Disorder with Local Law enforcement dropping by the studio, The Early Bird Special, Bridgette’s Country Buzz, The Impossible Question and The Mystery Word for The Day is “PUFFY”! Be the 3rd caller between 7 &8 am when you hear the mystery word to win!
Always more fun and more music on Today’s Country 93.5 KKBN!
Have a great Wednesday
15 Healthy Foods to Pack in a School Lunch
Medical Author: Melissa Conrad Stoppler, MD
Medical Editor: William C. Shiel, Jr, MD, FACP, FACR
Starting your kids off right by packing school lunches with nutritious foods that taste good will help them establish healthy eating habits for life. Instead of a sandwich on white bread, bag of chips, and cookies, try some of the following healthy (and more interesting) items for your child’s lunch box:
- Wraps made with whole wheat tortillas, containing either lean cold cuts or lowfat cream cheese topped with veggie slices. Even the classic PB and J (peanut butter & jelly) is healthier in a wheat wrap.
- Single portion-sized cups of unsweetened apple sauce or fruit without added sugar.
- Trail mix made with cereals, nuts, pretzels, dried fruit or raisins, and a few chocolate morsels.
- Low fat cheese spread on whole wheat crackers.
- Individual serving-sized packages of low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, or yogurt smoothies.
- Baby carrots, celery sticks, or apple slices with dips made from yogurt or low fat sour cream.
- Mini-burritos made with rice and black beans or re-fried beans in a tortilla with tomato salsa. These can be heated or eaten cold.
- Baked chips or pretzels are a better choice than high-fat potato chips or cheese snacks.
- Drinks made from water with a splash of cranberry, peach, grape, or other fruit juice are healthier than sodas. Excess consumption of pure sugar-laden juices can increase the risk of obesity.
- Whole grain bagels topped with cream cheese-vegetable spread.
- Air-popped popcorn flavored with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- Low fat cheese cubes and seedless grapes make a delicious side dish for sandwiches or wraps.
- Cold strips of grilled chicken with honey mustard dip.
- Dried cranberries or cherries are a sweet alternative for kids bored with raisins.
- Quesadilla slices made with cheese and chicken or vegetables.
For more healthy nutrition tips, visit myMotherLode’s Health andNutrition Section.
This morning we asked listeners to call and give us 10 things to do here at home in the Fall/Winter months. Here’s the results:
1. Take a drive over the pass to look at the fall colors
2. Hiking the many 2-5 mile trails in the foothills
3. Sonora Bach Festival
4. 4-Wheeling’ with friends on the old roads
6. Wine Tasting in Murphys
7. Christmas Parade
8. Going to live theatre in the Mother Lode
9. Going to a Summerville or Sonora Football game
10. Listening to Big Joe and Bridgette Morning show!
Thanks for the calls and helping make our Top 10! Join us next Tuesday for a brand new list!
Good Morning Mother Lode!
It’s Tuesday! Time for something new for our hometown folks! We’ll be calling this weekly segment TEN FOR TUESDAY! Each week we’ll compile a top 10 list with your help on the Big Joe & Bridgette Morning Show and post here. For example, this morning we’ll be looking for the top 10 things to do in the Mother Lode during the winter months! Plus join us for the Top 10 songs for Tuesday that we’ll play during the show and a brand new game called “Name Ten”! Be sure to log in and make a comment on the new site!
Don’t forget! The mystery word of the day contest! The word for the day is HALLOWEEN! When you hear either one of us say the word in the 7am hour, be the 3rd caller at 532-9350 and you WIN! This is a website only contest.
So grab your coffee and tune in from 5:30 to 10 this morning, also catch the latest local and national headlines on the right side of this page. Here’s Tim McGraw’s new video ” Southern Voice”!
Always more fun and more music on Today’s Country 93.5 KKBN! Have a great Tuesday!