Free beans, warm smiles and holiday spirit were all in abundance as Galen “Mutz” Mutzner’s 28th Annual Bean Feed served hundreds. For the full scoop of beans, photos and video of the event as well as the Pop Hudson Sing, click here.
We’ve all been there, attempting to invoke our Inner Martha Stewart and somehow coming up short despite our best efforts. FoxNews shares several examples of Epic Holiday Food Fails. To view the hilariously messy results in all their glory, click here…
Congratulations to Keith on this surefire chart-topper (already Number 12 as this video is released), Tori’s pick for the coolest tune of the summer, both for the catchy lyrics and cool bass lines!
Photo by Tracey Petersen
The American Red Cross Gold Country office has shared some timely tips that we’ve only slightly editorialized before posting here for our KBBN Friends – some of these you might already know, and at least one you may not — to tackle the triple-digit heat…
- Opt for lightweight, light-colored clothing (take it from someone who wore black outside in last week’s 90-something temps and nearly passed out; it makes a huge difference)
- Carry water or juice around with you, and partake of it on an ongoing basis, even if you do not feel particularly thirsty. Avoid dehydrating liquids like caffeine and alcohol (hmmm, this might call for more near-beers in the Yeti 110 cooler)
- Eat small meals and eat more often. Too, avoid foods that are high in protein because they boost your body’s metabolic heat (wow, we did not know that — finally, a near-perfect excuse to swap that protein bar for a Pop Tart!)
- Avoid using salt tablets unless directed to do so by a physician (don’t use ’em — but if you do, consider this words for the wise)
- To the best of your abilities, avoid strenuous activity or take regular breaks, preferably in the shade when you’re active outside (and if you have a choice, consider staying indoors by the AC!)