Good Morning Mother Lode!
We hope you have the best day ever, but keep in mind it’s Friday The 13th! We’re hoping the Summerville Bears have Good Luck and win their game against Linden at home tonight! Guy Dossi & Rory Anderson hit the air at around 7:15 for every play! If the Bears win tonight, they win The Mother Lode League! To Listen online, CLICK THE BANNER!
Now…back to the show!
It’s “Friday the 13th, consider yourself warned — It’s bad luck to:
- Begin a new job or a trip
- Cut off both ends of a loaf of bread
- Flip your mattress
- Put new shoes on the table
- Leave your hat on the bed
- Walk under a ladder
- Pour water on a windowsill
- Plant potatoes
- Lean a broom on a bed
- Open an umbrella indoors
- Do housework
- Wear new clothes
- Cut your hair
- Sneeze to your left side
- Have a black cat cross your path
It’s good luck to:
- Cut your finger nails on a Friday to avoid a toothache during the month.
- Take candy to a friend during your first visit of the New Year.
- Pick the first violets of spring.
- When you set the table, place the salt down first.
- If you drop a spoon, expect friends to drop by soon.
- If your left hand itches, money will come to you.
- When you move to a new house, take a broom and a loaf of bread with you.
- Put a red bow on a newborn baby.
- Don’t sweep dust out the front door or you’ll sweep away good luck.
- Make a wish when you see the first robin of spring. If it doesn’t fly away before you finish wishing it’ll come true.
This is 2009’s third Friday the 13th.
The next instance of three in one year will happen in 2015.
Next year, 2010, we’ll have just one Friday the 13th — in August.
In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve signs of the zodiac, twelve hours of the clock, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, twelve gods of Olympus, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness. There is also a superstition, thought by some to derive from the Last Supper or a Norse myth, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of the diners.
The Mystery Word of the day is “Delicious”. Be the 3rd caller when you hear the word to win a trip to the prize den!
Have a great weekend and Good Luck!